Ferro chrome (FeCr) is an alloy of chromium and iron. One of the most versatile alloying elements in steel, our ferro chrome is manufactured from finest quality raw materials.
We are the industry’s largest manufacturer, supplier and exporter of high quality ferro chrome to countries like USA, Saudi Arabia, Outer-Mongolia etc.
The production process includes electric arc melting of chromite that happens to be an iron magnesium chromium oxide. This chromium ore helps in the production of stainless steel. The chromium content is only 10 to 20% of ferro chrome.
Types of Ferrochrome
Our high purity Ferro Chrome is available in four types for sale: High Carbon FeCr, Medium Carbon FeCr , Low Carbon FeCr and Micro Carbon FeCr
High Carbon Ferrochrome(HC FECR)
Our high carbon Ferro Chrome contains 4% to 10.0% of high purity carbon content. This chromium and iron alloy is hard and brittle are mainly used in the production of stainless and alloy steels.
Medium Carbon Ferrochrome (MC FECR)
Our medium carbon Ferro Chrome contains 0.5% to 4% of high purity carbon content.
Low Carbon Ferrochrome(LC FECR)
Low Carbon ferrochrome is used in the production of good quality stainless steel, acid-resistant steel and heat resistant steel. It has the ability to improve the anti oxidation and corrosion resistance of steel. It is oxidized to form strong adhesion oxide film.
Micro Carbon Ferrochrome
Micro-carbon ferrochrome has a carbon content of less than or equal to 0.15%.
Specifications of Ferrochrome
Ps: chemical compostion and size above can be optimized according to custom's requirement.
Application of Ferrochrome
1. Ferro chrome improves the anti oxidation and corrosion resistance of steel.
2. Micro-carbon ferro chrome is used in the manufacturing process of high quality stainless steel making.
3. This good quality ferro chrome alloy is also used in the production of acid-resistant steel and heat resistant steel.
4. Low carbon ferro chrome is oxidized to form strong adhesion oxide film.
5. Low carbon ferro chrome is used in the metallurgy industry.
6. High purity ferro chrome powder is used in the production of high strength, corrosion resistance, anti-friction, thermo stability and anti-oxidic steel.
7. Chromite is used in the production of chrome brick and chrome-magnesium brick in fireproofing.
8. It improves wear resistance and promotes retention strength levels at high temperature.